Friday, March 9, 2012

Etsy

(I'd apologize for the long absence, but I wouldn't mean it...I've been busy being in love...party on.)

So I recently discovered etsy.  I had heard of it, but never really explored it.  But my crocheting has picked up tremendously, and I've been getting really brave...and I'm impressed enough with what I've been producing that I figured it was about time to stop playing around and start selling my stuff.  This blog post isn't about pimping myself out (although, if you want to check me out, please do...I'm really proud of my stuff!).  It's about one of my (new) favorite things...etsy! 

I think my first real experience with etsy was just hearing so many people talk about it.  It sounded like SUCH a better deal than ebay (it is...way), and I was excited that it was specifically for crafters like me.  I learned later that it's not just for crafters, but that was the BIG pull for me.  I saw some of my friends selling their handcrafted items on etsy, and it sounded like fun...not just money.  THAT appealed to me hugely.

I think the final draw for me was a friend on facebook who also crochets, who was making insanely creative zombie dolls and selling them.  I LOVED her stuff.  And I realized that I have skills that might one day match hers, if I put in a little effort.  Here's her shop (although it's currently closed).

My partner and I both have etsy shops now, and I'm so excited about how well they're going!  What have been your experiences with etsy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment