Friday, May 1, 2009

Beltaine

This is my favorite of the holidays. Directly opposite of Samhain (Halloween), Beltaine is the day when the veil between the world of the faeries and our world is the thinnest. (I'm sure most know that Samhain is when the veil between our world and the world of the dead is the thinnest...but I'll save that for a Samhain post.)

In honor of our tiny guests, I'd like to pay tribute to some of the finest faerie artists of our time. Beginning with two who I have met in person.

Brian Froud



Toby Froud (the son of Brian and Wendy Froud...and the baby Toby from Labyrinth)




Amy Brown




Jessica Galbreth




Tricky Pixie

Tricky Pixie is a music group, and you can have a listen here.

Amira Mudfaery



And NO tribute to faeries is complete without the...

BASTARD FAIRIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment