Thursday, April 30, 2009

Free Books

These are probably not the only books I've gotten for free this month, but I don't feel like hunting down all the past transactions on the different websites and such. So, we'll just say that I've gotten at least 5 free books just this month. I don't normally order this many books in one month, but I did this time because I had a lot of people recommending various books. Four of the five pictured books are self help books (mainly related to family issues). And the one in the middle (this is just a tad ironic) is a book on American Indian legends. I'm a Heinz 57, but more Native American than anything else, closely followed by German (what a combo, eh?).



I've mentioned this before, but it's been awhile. I get most of my books from paperbackswap, but this time around bookmooch had a lot more of the ones I was looking for. Both sites have their own interesting systems (very different from each other), but they're both really cool. Paperbackswap gets more traffic, but bookmooch is international. It's so fun to see which one will have the book I want...or which one will have it first (I have most of my wishlisted books on both sites).

I love free stuff, and being such an avid reader, these sites are two of my very favorites. Of course, it's not entirely free...when someone wants a book from you, you do have to pay shipping. But that's usually no more than a couple bucks. Oh, and on paperbackswap, they have a really nifty box-o-books option where you can swap more than one book at a time. You look at someone else's list of books, pick out a few you like, and make a straight trade, book for book. That option costs a few bucks a year, but it is SO worth it. I made a lot of good trades that way. It's a very nice way to get whole series so that you don't have to use up your credits to get individual books.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment