Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easiest Fudge In The World

I have my mother in law to thank for this recipe. It's awesome. All you need is a bag of chocolate chips, a can of sweetened condensed milk, a double boiler or something similar, and a pan to put the finished fudge in.



Now, being domestic doesn't come easily to me. I've always had to work at it. Not that I don't love my domesticity...I'm just not a natural. So, just in case someone like me runs across this blog, I'm going to show every single step...even how to use a double boiler. Besides, this post would be so short if I didn't explain every step. This recipe is insanely easy.

So, step 1, fill the pot 1/2 to 3/4 full of water.



Then, put the double boiler (or another pan, whatever you've got handy) in the first pan, making sure the double boiler is sitting in the water, but the water isn't spilling out of the pan.



Dump in the chocolate and the milk.



Turn on the heat, and in a couple minutes, your chocolate will start to melt.



Give it a good stir every minute or so. It takes maybe 10 minutes to melt it all together.



When it's all melted, pour it into a pan to cool.



Put it in the fridge, and you'll have some delicious fudge in a half hour or so. I like to embellish it when I have stuff...add nuts, marshmallows, butterscotch chips, whatever tickles your fancy. This time, we're just having plan ol' fudge. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Licking the screen... mmmm, licking.... ohhh I love anything with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh looks yummy!! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete