Saturday, April 11, 2009

Free Stuff!

Check out what I got in the mail today!

The book on the left came from bookmooch (I prefer paperbackswap, but this time, bookmooch did come in handy).

The book on the right was a freebie from Jiffy.

The Old Spice, Metamucil, and Prilosec were from shop4freebies.

The coupons on the left came from the inside of the freebie packages, except for the white ones. Those came directly from Iams. I was hoping for the $5 off coupons everyone was talking about, but these were only worth $2.

The rest of the coupons came from Hot Coupon World; two from trades, and one Random Act Of Kindness because our dog has a cool name.

And now just for giggles, here's the story behind the RAOK. Someone posted that they were giving away a stack of pet coupons. She wanted to know the names of our pets, and she would choose who won based on the pets' names. Now, I'm sure I haven't told you all about Kreaux, so here's the story of our sooper cool dog, and how he got his name (FYI, I won the RAOK because the person offering it is a big MST3K fan...you'll find out what that means in a minute):

(That's him doing his, "I'm bored" face, resting his nose on the window. He looks vicious, doesn't he? But he does this every time he's bored...he puts his nose up against a surface and sighs repeatedly.)

Not long after I started my job, one of the teachers brought in this adorable dog who kept laying his head on my arm and looking up at me with these big, sad eyes. The teacher said that if he couldn't find the dog's owners, he would be looking for a home for him. I talked to Jason, and we decided to bring him home. Rowdy wanted a brother...he was lonely.

It took us four days to come up with a name. We wanted to honor his most prominent feature:

Look at those ears! Finally, it came to us...he looks like Crow from Mystery Science Theater 3000!

But we - being the dorks we are - couldn't just leave his name as "Crow". On one episode, Tom Servo decided that his name was no longer Servo. He would only answer to Serveaux thereafter. So, our awesome Pit Bull/Dingo puppy, Kreaux, is actually named after Crow T. Robot, and Tom Serveaux.

Rowdy doesn't care what we call him. He just likes having a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment