Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Saving Money!

First, I must apologize for not posting the last few days. I've been overwhelmed, and the wine was great, but didn't do the trick. I just needed some down time. I neglected pretty much everything the last few days.

But, I'm back in the saddle, and I'm feeling pretty decent. I had a great week for shopping and saving money, and it was so much fun, I wanted to share it all with you.

I was visiting Shannon (again) over the weekend, so I had to figure out how to get multiple copies of the Sunday newspaper cheap. We have a dollar store in my town, but not in hers. Shannon gave me all her inserts (woohoo!), but since it was such a good week, I wanted more than just one paper. She suggested getting newspapers from the paper boxes...but there was only one. So, I had her paper (the Oregonian), and one other paper that wasn't local. I still wanted more, so we went to Walgreens. They had Sunday papers (with all the inserts) marked as "Friday 75 cents". Heck yeah, I'll pay 75 cents! So, I got four of them. Got up to the register, and they rang up as 50 cents each! So, I grabbed two more! I got TONS of coupons this week! It took me until yesterday morning to sort through them all, since there were three different papers, and the different types of papers carried different inserts. I've decided to not ever, ever get different papers again!

Ok, this is the COOL part. Yesterday, after I finally waded through all my coupons and got them all sorted and put away, I finally had time to look at the sales. I went to Albertson's because they were having a sale on cereal, PLUS they had double coupons for 3 days only, PLUS I had 3 coupons for $1 off of 2 boxes of cereal. I expected to pay about $3.50 for six boxes of cereal. Not bad! But I got up to the cash register and before I even gave the guy my coupons, he said, "let me run this $5 off coupon for you"...ok, I'm not going to complain about that at all! Then, he ran my coupons, and the total came to -$1.58. He opened up the cash register and gave me the money! I got paid! HAHA! That was AWESOME! This saving money thing is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment