Saturday, April 25, 2009

Red Meat

Having experienced a lot of death and gore in my life (I'll explain that in a minute, don't be alarmed), I developed a pretty sick sense of humor. It's pretty common when you work in the fields I have worked in to use dark humor to get through the day. For about seven years, I worked with the elderly and disabled, and for 4 years of that, I also worked with battered women and their children. It can be exceptionally difficult to hear a close friend talk about their impending death, or to walk in on a once vibrant man who can no longer stand on his own and has cracked his head open. I'm going to cry if I keep thinking about it (I miss those guys so much), so I'll just move along.

One of my favorite sources of dark humor is Red Meat comics. My friend, Gloria, introduced me to them when she came out to Oregon for a visit. She brought a few of these comic books with her. If you don't enjoy dark, sometimes demented humor, you're not going to want to click that link above. But if you're like me...you'll get a few good laughs out of it. Click on the dude who looks like Steve Buscemi, and you'll be transported into a whole new world, full of "humor that snaps your funny bone". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment