Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Wearing

Ok, this post is going to be weird. Why? Because I'm not a mother, but I'm on the verge of being obsessed with something that pretty much requires motherhood. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is weird, I don't know.

My bff, Shannon, has a brand spankin' new baby boy. She is nursing, which she was not able to do with her daughter. She is finding that when babies nurse, they eat a LOT more than they do if their food comes from a bottle. (I have visited her a couple times this last week, and I can attest to that!) I was reading over at Stephanie's blog, Steph, Jeff, and Co. and saw her sidebar about baby wearing. I'm HOOKED! I kept telling Shannon about this, and sent her at least six emails with probably about 50 links (which a mother with a newborn isn't going to have time to wade through). When I realized that she wasn't going to have the chance to figure out this baby wearing thing on her own, it became my mission to get her some fabric and show her a couple quick wraps.

I visited her last week to give her Owen's afghan, and we missed the craft store by minutes. (Personally, I think she's got some massive stash of fabric hidden in her garage that she didn't want to dig through...but who can blame her? She's got enough going on without having to dig through boxes and rubbermaid tubs.) Then, on my way home, I had that fiasco on the ice, which resulted in the car being left in the middle of a mountain pass. Shannon picked it up a few days later when the weather was better. So, we went to pick it up today. I was SO EXCITED!!! We finally got some fabric for a baby wrap! And of course, I didn't think to take pictures.

But hey, I'm NOT complaining! I finally got to show her a couple quick and easy wraps. Maybe next time I visit, I'll have more to show her, but for now, she's got a decent start! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment