Friday, March 27, 2009

Harry Potter


Ok, I'm not a HUGE Harry Potter fan (as evidenced by the fact that I've only read one or two of the books...and I don't even remember which ones), but I have always wanted to read the whole series. So FINALLY, with the awesomely wonderful assistance of paperbackswap and bookmooch, I have all seven books! I've started a reading marathon. So far, I've gotten a little over half way through the first book (it's been so long that I've decided to just start over).
And by the way, the picture wasn't chosen at random. That one book has caused me a whole lotta grief. I thought I had all seven books. So I'm packing up for a four day trip (which has become five days), and I want to start on my Harry Potter marathon while I'm gone, right? So, I pack up all my books, and I only have six. Hmmmmmmm...that's uncool. So, I'm rummaging around my house frantically, desperately searching for this missing book, trying to figure out which one it is, and in general trying to keep my head from flying off my shoulders.

Eventually I just came to terms with the fact that I was hallucinating and didn't have all seven books after all. Hopped on paperbackswap really quick, ordered the book, and figured it was no biggie and I could just read the first five books for now, knowing that this one would arrive soon enough.

Still rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off, I ran to the bathroom to grab last minute items, and the book was sitting there. In the freakin' bathroom. Why? I don't know, ask blondie...oh wait, that's right...that's me. (The red is supposed to be a clever cover for my true scatterbrained nature. It's not working. Next time, I'm totally going with purple.)

So, another quick trip to paperbackswap to cancel the book, and I was out the door. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment