Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ode To Joy

You know what's really funny? I don't know what that piece of music sounds like. I'm sure I've heard it before, probably many times. I just never placed the music with the name.

At any rate, welcome to my blog. My name is Joy, which is awesome (one thing I AM grateful to my parents for). I've been wanting to make a list on one of my current blogs for my favorite things. But I kept putting it off because #1, it would have to be updated constantly, and #2, I have a very tiny "audience" on those blogs. One is on a private message board, and maybe two or three people read it. Another is on my myspace, which is private, so only my friends can see it. So, the idea has been put on hold for a long time.

Recently, I've become almost obsessed with reading blogs. They're awesome! I'm loving the penny saver blogs, and food blogs written by self-described tightwads. So, imagine how slow I felt when it suddenly hit me...DUH, I could start my OWN blog! A public one! Wow. I really need to start taking ginko or something...brain function is low.

So, the idea for my blog was born. I'll play around with it for awhile until I find the right look and such. But the subject matter, I think, is pretty solid. I'll be writing about, as the title suggests, my favorite things. This could be anything - books (or their authors), other blogs or websites, food, music, actual "things", people, you name it! It's about gosh darned time I got this moving. Yippee for me! Thanks for joining me on this journey. It ought to be fun. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment