Saturday, March 7, 2009

Making A Home

I have dreamed for the last few years that I would one day be a homemaker. It appears that this isn't in the cards (at least not for quite some time), but I still enjoy making a home.

This afghan was so much fun to make. At the time, I was working over night at a residential treatment facility for troubled youth, and the majority of this afghan was completed while I was at work. It's mostly done in granny squares, with borders around each of three sets of granny squares.

I love to crochet. I'm currently working on another granny square afghan, this time for my brand spankin' new nephew. Here's a really bad cell phone picture of it (it's much bigger now):

My coworker recently made copies for me from a book that has patterns for crocheting little dolls (I forget what they're called), and I'm looking forward to trying my hand at those.

I tend to waffle back and forth between extreme laziness and an extreme desire to make a beautiful, homey, warm, inviting home. But even when I'm in my lazy phase, I try to take pride in the home I HAVE made, and all that I've accomplished so far. This afghan was a huge accomplishment for me, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment